Texas car accident statistics:
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) provided the following statistics about automobile accidents in the State of Texas. These statistics provide a summary of motor vehicle accidents in Texas for the year 2013. As these statistics make clear, Texas is a truly dangerous place to live and to drive. Serious car accidents devastate the lives of innocent, hard-working men and women across the state every year. If you are injured an accident, you need the services of an experienced and proven personal injury attorney in order to enforce your rights to be compensated by those who injured you.
- In 2014, drivers drove a combined 249 billion miles on Texas roadways.
- Almost 66,000 serious auto accidents left almost 89,000 with serious physical injuries.
- 3,337 people lost their lives in Texas car accidents.
- One person dies on Texas roadways around every 2.5 hours. One person suffers serious injury around every two minutes. And there is a crash reported on Texas roadways around once every 71 seconds.
- At least 5 people were killed every day in 2014. And, as many as 23 have been killed in a day.
- Although most people assume driving in cities is most dangerous, auto accidents in rural areas produced the majority of accident deaths in Texas (almost 60%).
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol caused around one-third (33%) of auto accident fatalities.
- 2:00am to 3:00am was the most dangerous hour to be on Texas roadways in terms of accidents, injuries and deaths.
- Around 40% of all auto accident deaths were the result of single vehicle accidents. The remaining 60% of auto accident deaths were the result of multiple vehicle accidents.
The combination of country roads and city streets in South Texas means lots of opportunities for careless drivers to injure you. Insurance companies love Texas: our large population means that there are more drivers, which means more accidents. Texas a great place to do business for auto insurers. High accident rates often mean high insurance rates, and auto insurance companies take in all the high insurance premiums they can, while paying out as little as they can to injured drivers.
It's time to call for help.
If you are one of the nearly 90,000 people who is involved in a car accident in Texas this year, you need a qualified and capable attorney to enforce your rights to financial compensation. Call the proven and experienced advocates at Grossman Law Offices as soon as possible after your accident in order to enforce your rights to compensation for your injuries. The law mandates very strict time limits for injured people to bring their legal claims. If you have been injured in an accident, call an attorney today (toll-free) at (855) 326-0000. We are standing by to help you and your family seek compensation from those who've injured you.
Related Articles For Further Reading:
- How Does Under-Insured Motorist (UIM) Coverage Work?
- The Insurance Company Denied My Injury Claim, What Should I Do?
- Pointing the Finger: Third-Party Defenses