The Irving auto accident lawyers at Grossman Law will fight to get you justice and the financial compensation you deserve for your losses.
Being involved in a car accident is a scary reality that many people unfortunately face.
If you have been in an accident in Irving, Texas, you might be wondering what to do next.
The accident attorneys at Grossman Law Offices are ready to talk and can answer this question and others you may have in the aftermath of your accident.
Example of a Car Accident Settlements Secured by Our Firm
Disclaimer: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome in your case.
$1,150,000.00 / In-Utero Brain Injury / Automobile Accident
(policy limits) Recovery for a child who suffered an in-utero brain injury as a result of a rollover car accident.
IRVING CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER FAQ
What to Do After an Injury-Causing Accident in Irving Texas
After a car accident, there are certain actions that you should take. If you are involved in an accident in Irving, make sure to take the following steps to best protect yourself and your interests moving forward.
- Pull over and check for injuries. If possible, pull your vehicle off to the side of the road as soon as practicable to prevent further accidents. Then, make a note of any injuries sustained by you or your passengers and seek medical treatment immediately;
- Call 911 and acquire an official police report. Texas Transportation Code Section 550.026 requires certain action when an accident results in vehicle damage, injury, or death. The driver must immediately call the local police or sheriff’s department, depending on the location of the collision;
- Communicate with the other party or parties involved. The driver also has a duty to give insurance information and render aid to any other party to the accident who sustains injury or damage to their vehicle.
- Gather information and evidence. Unless you are injured and require immediate medical attention, you should take photos, speak with witnesses, take notes of vehicle information and accident location, and gather any other relevant information as evidence;
- Notify your insurance company. Most insurance companies require you to notify them of any accident, regardless of whether or not you were at fault. But even if yours does not, it is always a good idea to notify them anyway; and
- Contact an attorney. Depending on the facts and circumstances, you may need an attorney to help you pursue a legal claim or settlement.
Failure to take these steps can result in legal liability, but by carefully complying, you can significantly improve your case.
IRVING CAR ACCIDENT STATS
📊 Overview of Car Crash Statistics in Irving Texas: 2015 – 2019
The DFW Metro area is home to thousands of vehicle accidents and results injuries every year, and Irving makes it fair share of contributions to that total.
The graph below shows the number of car accidents (crashes), injuries, and fatalities in Irving Texas over a 5 year period from 2015 to 2019.
The good news is that car crash in Irving have generally been on the decline since 2016. The bad news is that the city still sees well over 2,000 car crash injuries every year:
Annual Averages: Automobile Crash Statistics in Irving Texas
- Crashes: 4,050
- Injuries: 2,456
- Fatalities: 19
The numbers paint a clear and bleak picture: Injuries and fatalities from car crashes are a common part of life in Irving. If you've been unlucky enough to become one of these statistics, Grossman Law's Irving car accident lawyers are standing by to help you understand your legal rights and options for financial recovery.
IRVING AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYER FAQ
Is There Anything I Can Do To Prepare for the Possibility of an Accident in the Future?
Although it is important to know what steps to take after an accident, you should also know some important information ahead of time so that you are prepared before an accident ever occurs.
For example, it is important to note major roadways in Irving so that if ever you are in an accident, you are familiar and able to describe your location. Major highways that run through and around Irving, Texas include the following:
- SH-161, and
You should also be aware of a few hospitals in the area in case a medical emergency arises. Below are a few hospitals in and around Irving:
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Irving;
- Medical City Las Colinas; and
- Irving Health Center.
Lastly, it is also a good idea to have the names of a few car rental centers in mind in case your vehicle sustains serious damage that renders it unusable. A few to keep in mind are included below:
- Budget Car Rental,
- Avis Car Rental, and
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
An accident can be a traumatizing event, but having some of this information at hand can alleviate stress and make a difficult situation feel a little more manageable.
IRVING VEHICLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY FAQ
Common Causes of Personal Injuries in Irving TX
There are many different causes of personal injuries, and the attorneys at Grossman Law Offices have experience handling and winning a variety of cases. Some of the most common causes of personal injuries in Irving, Texas include the following:
- Car accidents,
- Truck accidents,
- DWI accidents,
- Texting and driving incidents, and
- Wrongful death cases.
If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident, we may be able to help.
IRVING COLLISION ACCIDENT LAWYER FAQ
Signs That You Should Talk to an Irving Accident Attorney
Generally speaking, the more damages and injuries you sustain, the more likely it is that you will need the assistance of an attorney. However, before accepting any sort of settlement with another party or insurance company, you should first speak with an attorney to make sure the settlement is reasonable and fair.
Even if you ultimately do not need the assistance of an attorney to move forward, you should always seek an initial consultation to discuss the strength of your case and potential next steps.
IRVING CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Act Fast - The Statute of Limitations to File a Claim is Two Years
The statute of limitations in Texas is two years for car accident claims. In other words, a statute of limitations is the time period in which a victim must either settle their claim or file a lawsuit.
Because the clock starts ticking the day of the accident, time is of the essence. Contact us today to speak with an experienced attorney and see how we can help you with your case.