If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident, you should consult with a qualified San Antonio car accident attorney as soon as possible. A car accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you've suffered injuries in an auto accident in San Antonio, you may need an attorney.
Many car accident victims assume that making an insurance claim will be a simple process. After all, Texas drivers are required to carry liability insurance to pay for accident damages.
However, filing a claim with the other driver’s insurance isn’t always easy. Sometimes the other driver is uninsured. Other times, insurance companies give accident victims the runaround.
When you’re recovering from accident injuries and struggling to pay bills, you don’t need the hassle of a denied insurance claim.
Hiring a San Antonio accident lawyer to fight for you can take stress off your shoulders and potentially get you more accident compensation.
At Grossman Law Offices, we have been advocating for accident victims for over 30 years.
Here are some more things you should know about our knowledgeable car accident lawyers in San Antonio, TX:
- We have helped thousands of accident victims pursue injury compensation;
- We are rated by Super Lawyers and Top Attorneys of Texas;
- We get to know each client personally and passionately advocate for their needs;
- We aren’t intimidated by insurance companies as we aggressively fight for each client’s maximum compensation; and
- We do this work to help accident victims and to encourage safer driving.
To learn more about our law firm and how we can help you with your claim, contact us for a free consultation. We can discuss your accident experience and present legal options.
The 10 Things a San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer Will Ask You to Determine If You Have a Viable Case
When you meet with a personal injury lawyer for an accident lawsuit consultation, they’ll try to determine if you have a strong case. To do that, the auto accident attorney in San Antonio will probably ask you these questions:
- When did the accident happen?
- What do you remember about the accident?
- What does the police report say?
- Have you identified any witnesses to the accident?
- How much did it cost to get your car repaired?
- Does the other driver have insurance?
- Have you communicated with either insurance company about the accident?
- Did you sustain injuries that required treatment?
- Did you miss work because of your injuries?
- Do you have any documents or correspondence to back your claim?
After discussing your accident experience with you and reviewing any documents, the accident attorney in San Antonio can estimate possible damages.
Proving fault may require more extensive investigation, but your initial consultation gives the law firm a place to start.
Critical Evidence and Documents to Get Immediately After Your San Antonio Car Accident
Though you may feel overwhelmed after your car accident, it’s important to collect accident evidence quickly. Accident evidence will support your claim and allow you to potentially get a much bigger settlement.
Collect as many of these documents as possible:
- Other driver’s license and insurance information,
- Police report,
- Witness contact information,
- Photos from the accident scene,
- Medical reports,
- Medical bills,
- Car repair bills,
- Letters or emails from insurance companies, and
- Communication with your employer about missed work.
Bring as much of this evidence as you can to your initial consultation with your auto accident lawyer in San Antonio.
The evidence will help your attorney calculate a fair settlement request to begin negotiations with the insurance company.
8 Things You Must Know About Dealing with Your Insurance Company and the Insurance Company of the Other Person After a San Antonio Accident
Filing an insurance claim and negotiating with insurers can be complicated. Many accident victims try to handle negotiations on their own, only to find that the process is much easier when they hire a car accident lawyer in San Antonio, TX.
An attorney takes the hassle of negotiations from you, and they usually obtain more compensation for you. Whether you hire an attorney or negotiate by yourself, here are some things you should know about Texas insurance policies:
- Texas law allows you to file a claim for your damages with the at-fault party’s insurance company;
- Texas law requires drivers to insure themselves for at least $30,000 of injuries per person, up to a total of $60,000 per accident, and $25,000 of property damage;
- If the at-fault party is uninsured, you may be able to file a claim on your uninsured motorist coverage, unless you declined this policy;
- You may also be able to file a claim under your personal injury protection coverage, which is a standard part of your auto insurance unless you rejected it;
- If the at-fault party is uninsured, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit, though uninsured drivers may lack the resources to pay;
- Insurance companies try to pay as little as possible to protect their profits, often trying to shift blame for the accident;
- An auto accident attorney in San Antonio can negotiate with the insurance company in an effort to get you maximum accident compensation, so don’t give a statement to the insurance company until you speak with an attorney; and
- You may not have much time to file an insurance claim, though you have up to two years from the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
If you want to skip the hassle of negotiating with an insurance company on your own, call our San Antonio accident attorneys for a free consultation. We have decades of experience fighting insurance companies for accident victims’ maximum compensation, and we are ready to advocate for you too.
How Do I Know Which San Antonio Accident Lawyer to Trust with My Case?
You’ve probably seen billboards and advertisements for many personal injury lawyers. Some of these attorneys may seem overdramatic or unprofessional. So how do you know which San Antonio car wreck attorney to trust?
Finding Accident Lawyer Recommendations
You can take the following steps to find a trustworthy auto accident attorney in San Antonio:
- Ask friends and family for recommendations,
- If you have an attorney who focuses on a different area of law—like divorces or criminal defense—ask that lawyer for a recommendation, and
- Look at online reviews on sites such as Google or Avvo.
After you have narrowed down a list of potential accident attorneys in San Antonio, contact them for a consultation. Most reputable law firms like Grossman Law Offices should offer a free consultation.
Questions to Ask When Meeting an Accident Attorney
When you meet with the attorney, be sure to ask these questions:
- How much experience do you have in accident law?
- Can you share any of your recent settlement or trial awards?
- How many cases have you taken to trial?
- Do you work on contingency or bill me each month?
- What is your fee?
- How quickly do you think you can resolve my case?
When you describe your accident experience and hear the attorney’s thoughts on legal strategy, you’ll have some insight into their professional ability. The attorney’s answers to your questions should give you a good understanding of whether that law firm is a good fit for your needs.
At Grossman Law Offices, we won’t pressure you to sign a contract until you’re comfortable and trust us with your case. Instead, we take the time to share our history of successful case results, and we suggest potential strategies for your claim.
Will Grossman Law's Accident Attorneys Require Me to Show up Anywhere in Person?
No, our law offices can work fully remote so that you don’t have to leave your house. We'll take care of everything required to file your claim so that you can stay safe. Contact us to set up a free consultation from the convenience of your home.
What If I Didn't Get Injured in My San Antonio Accident—Do I Still Need a Lawyer?
Probably not, but there is no reason not to get a legal consultation. Many times injuries are hard to detect or they present later. We recommend getting a medical evaluation to make sure you didn’t miss an injury.
Then call our accident attorneys in San Antonio for a free consultation. You have nothing to lose and potentially lots to gain by talking with us.
What Injuries Make for the Most Valuable Accident Claims?
An accident can lead to injuries of many different degrees. Some injuries, such as scratches or bruises, may heal without medical treatment. These injuries aren’t worth much, if any, compensation.
Other injuries, such as broken bones, lacerations, or muscle strains, may heal with medical treatment. Such treatment might not take long, and you could be back to work soon after your accident.
These injuries usually aren’t too expensive, but we seek compensation to cover your medical bills, time off work, and pain and suffering.
Unfortunately, some accident injuries never heal. Catastrophic injuries such as brain damage, organ damage, or spine damage might completely alter your ability to function like you used to.
These injuries might render you unable to work and require lifelong medical treatment and assistance. We can pursue maximum compensation for these injuries.
Sadly, some accidents lead to the death of a driver, passenger, or pedestrian. When an accident kills someone involved, we can help the family pursue a personal injury claim for their loved one’s pain and suffering.
We also can bring a wrongful death lawsuit that attempts to compensate the family for their loss.
Vehicle Crash, Fatality, and Injury Statistics in San Antonio: 2015 to 2019
San Antonio has some of the most crowded highways in Texas.
The city’s beauty and culture are attracting new residents to move every day.
With the second-largest city population growth in the nation, keeping San Antonio roadways safe for increased traffic is a constant challenge.
Here are San Antonio accident statistics that prove just how dangerous driving in the Alamo City can be.
San Antonio Car Accident Statistics
In 2019, there were more than 50,000 car accidents in San Antonio. Here are more statistics about what happened in those car crashes:
- Nearly 30% of all accidents resulted in injury or death;
- Half of all accidents occurred on a city street;
- 1 in 3 car accidents took place at an intersection or driveway; and
- Most accidents with an injury happened with one vehicle driving at least 45 mph.
San Antonio drivers can follow traffic laws to try and avoid an accident, but they can’t control the negligent behavior of other drivers.
San Antonio Truck Accident Statistics
San Antonio features several interstates that serve as major shipping arteries. The city’s proximity to the Mexican border means that trucks carrying imports and exports frequently drive its highways. Unfortunately, truck drivers don’t always drive safely, as these statistics show:
- In 2019, truck crashes accounted for almost 10% of all accidents in San Antonio;
- 2 in 5 truck accidents occurred on an interstate or highway;
- 20% of truck accidents involved a commercial vehicle;
- Almost 9 out of 10 truck crashes caused at least $1,000 in property damage; and
- Truck accidents involving a semi-trailer were most common on I-10 and I-35.
While the trucking industry is critical to the US economy, truckers who harm others through reckless driving should be held accountable.
San Antonio Pedestrian Injury Statistics
During 2019, there were more than 14,000 crashes with injuries reported in San Antonio. Even if you don’t drive San Antonio’s highways, you may still be at risk. Many of these accidents involved pedestrians alongside San Antonio streets:
- There were 888 pedestrian accidents in San Antonio;
- More than 90% of pedestrian accidents had at least one injury; and
- 3 in 5 pedestrian accidents happened outside of an intersection.
Sadly, pedestrians are particularly vulnerable in car accidents because they lack the steel frame and airbag protection that automobiles provide. San Antonio drivers should take extra precautions when driving near pedestrians.
San Antonio Wrongful Death Statistics
Tragically, many San Antonio accidents result in the death of someone involved. Here are statistics that give insight into fatal San Antonio vehicle accidents:
- In 2019, DUIs accounted for one third of all accident deaths in San Antonio;
- 5% of accident deaths happened in a work zone;
- 13% of accidents were caused by a distracted driver;
- 1,800 crashes involved at least one vehicle speeding; and
- 1 out of every 7 crashes involved the death of a motorcyclist.
If you or your loved one has been a victim of a San Antonio car accident, you know these accident statistics personally.
By filing an accident lawsuit, you can seek compensation for your accident injuries. A lawsuit also encourages safer driving, potentially saving others from suffering harm in a San Antonio traffic accident.
What Will a San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer Take Care of for Me? What Will I Have to Do?
Your accident lawyer in San Antonio will take care of all legal details for you.
In the lawsuit process, your attorney will complete some or all of these steps, depending on the details of your accident:
- Use an investigator to gather evidence about your accident;
- Get your accident report from the San Antonio police department;
- Help you obtain medical treatment;
- Help you get immediate necessities, like a car to get back to work;
- Compile all your documents and submit forms;
- Calculate damages;
- Interview witnesses to substantiate your claim;
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement;
- File a lawsuit; and
- Take your case to trial.
At Grossman Law Offices, we want accident litigation to be as easy as possible for our clients. We know that you may be recovering from injuries, be worried about COVID-19, or have other concerns that make it difficult for you to find time for lawsuit details.
If you send us all the information you have and provide requested statements or testimony, we take care of the rest. This gives you time to focus on yourself while your accident attorney in San Antonio focuses on winning your maximum compensation.
I Don't Have Much Money; How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
At Grossman Law Offices, we work on contingency, which means that you owe us nothing until we win your case. Then, you pay us with a percentage of your settlement, meaning we have the motivation to work hard to get you a maximum settlement.
We finance the entire cost of your lawsuit, so you don’t have to come up with funds for investigators, court fees, or expert witnesses. You shouldn’t have to pay anything up front for an auto accident attorney in San Antonio, and we work to protect your health and your finances.
Will I Be Pressured to Hire Grossman Law San Antonio Accident Lawyers If I Get a Free Consultation?
No! We don’t want you to hire us until you are comfortable with our ability to represent you. We offer a free consultation with no strings attached.
What Are the Next Steps to Take to Speak with a San Antonio Car Wreck Attorney?
Call or email us 24/7 for a free consultation. We’ll review your claim, answer any questions you may have, and get to work as soon as you’re ready to hire us.
Contact us today to take the burden of dealing with the insurance company off your shoulders and put it on ours. We’ve helped thousands of other accident victims, and we want to help you too.